Greenland Commodities is a science & technology-based, fast-paced growing trading house, located in the heart of Europe, Prague, CZ. We unite our international trading experiences with science and technology supported by well-educated experts in their niche fields. Our trading desks focus on a variety of trading products; mainly power, gas, oil, coal, and certificates across 20 countries and 12 energy exchanges.
Greenland Commodities empowers its employees through real-time trading experiences, mentors, and value-added strategies in challenging market environments. We are passionately active and trading on each minute of a year.
We are Hiring in Prague!
Are you looking for a job as a Quantitative Analyst?
Be a part of our technology fast-paced trading house and get to work in a vibrant environment.
Department: Science and Analytics
Project Location(s): Prague/Czech Republic
Education: Ph.D. or M.Sc.
Your Role :
We are looking for motivated, highly analytical colleagues with strong Mathematics / Statistics / Engineering or similar backgrounds. Your daily routine will be designing models based on a wide range of data collection approaches. The main programming environment is Python.
With your team members, you will develop creative/innovative quantitative models. Those developments will be key in the trading decision process and will be integrated/implemented in the data management and analysis software.
- Develop an understanding of commodity, energy markets, and overall financial markets, including fundamentals, pricing, term structure, liquidity, volatility, slippages, portfolio optimization, and so on
- Define business requirements and specifications for model upgrades and enhancements
- Study existing in-house models and quantitative processes, give ideas, implement and conduct changes
- Gather, analyze, and interpret vast amounts of data related to our assets and create advanced machine-learning models for market analysis and forecasts
- Develop a strong understanding of algorithms & data structures, and good software engineering principles
Knowledge and Experiences
- Ph.D. is a plus, or/ MSc in Physics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, or a relevant scientific field
- Big advantage knowledge of the Energy Commodities / Trading Sector
- Problem-solving mindset is a must, as the willingness to adapt and work with different areas of the business to understand and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Capable of analyzing complex concepts to senior management on a regular basis
- Proven working experience in pressured and fast-paced environments and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis, time series, and machine-learning techniques
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the business, especially with traders
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Excellent knowledge of English (Spoken/Written)
- Being part of fast-growing commodity trading house at the center of Europe
- Access to the most – modern technologies, and real-time commodity exchanges
- Enhanced learning experience with international colleagues from IT, Quant, Science Desk, and so on
- Solid career development, and chance to become Head of Risk
- Analyst department in close future (outside/inside Europe)
- Competitive salary + pleasant benefits package