Quantitative Energy Market Analyst
Greenland Commodities is a science & technology-based, fast-paced growing trading house, located in the heart of Europe, Prague, CZ. We unite our international trading experiences with science and technology supported by well-educated experts in their niche fields. Our trading desks focus on a variety of trading products; mainly power, gas, oil, coal, and certificates across 20 countries and 12 energy exchanges.
Greenland Commodities empowers its employees through real-time trading experiences, mentors, and value-added strategies in challenging market environments. We are passionately active and trading on each minute of a year.
We are Hiring in Prague!
Are you looking for a job as a Quantitative Energy Market Analyst? Be a part of our technology fast-paced trading house and get to work in a vibrant environment.
Department: Science and Analytics
Project Location(s): Prague/Czech Republic
Education: Ph.D., M.Sc. or Bachelor’s Degree
Your Role :
We are looking for highly analytical colleague, graduated and experienced in mathematics/statistics/engineering or similar fields. Your daily routine will be programming (Python, MATLAB), design models for a wide range of data collection approaches.
With your team members you will develop creative/innovative quantitative methods and interpretation/implementation of their results and will be needed to use data management and analysis software’s (e.g., R, etc.).
- Experience with Machine learning programming (min 2+ years)
- Big advantage knowledge of energy commodities / trading sector
- Excellent mathematical and modeling skills with attention to detail
- Delivering innovative/top-end business ideas and achieving targets
- Ability to work in a high functioning environment
- Willingness to grow a business, develop presence in new markets
- Ph.D., M.Sc. or Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English
TOP SKILLS :
- Energy Markets
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Quantitative Finance
- Analytical Skills
- Being part of fast-growing commodity trading house at the center of Europe
- Access to the most – modern technologies, and real-time commodity exchanges
- Enhanced learning experience with international colleagues from IT, Quant, Science Desk, and so on
- Solid career development, and chance to become Head of Risk
- Analyst department in close future (outside/inside Europe)
- Pleasant benefits package (modern office with a gym in the same building, easy transportation access, birthday-extra day off, meal/transport contribution, snacks/refreshment/coffee in the office, etc.