Greenland Commodities is a science & technology-based, fast-paced growing trading house, located in the heart of Europe, Prague, CZ. We unite our international trading experiences with science and technology supported by well-educated experts in their niche fields. Our trading desks focus on a variety of trading products; mainly power, gas, oil, coal, and certificates across 20 countries and 12 energy exchanges.
Greenland Commodities empowers its employees through real-time trading experiences, mentors, and value-added strategies in challenging market environments. We are passionately active and trading on each minute of a year.
Project Location(s): Prague/Czechia
Education: Min.Bachelor's Degree
We are looking for a Senior Power & Gas Trader with a strong understanding of cross-commodity markets to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and optimizing our power and gas portfolio for the whole curve.
- Develop and execute strategies for major European power & gas markets from DA to Y+1, taking into account cross-commodity relations and market volatility.
- Develop fundamental models and understanding for corresponding markets; provide market insights and forecasts to support decision-making.
- Maintain strong relationships with market participants and stakeholders, and stay abreast of regulatory changes and market developments affecting different energy commodities.
- Provide support and help to Quant Team to enhance research tools for the respective markets.
- Provide Market Access for internal and external customers to the markets needed.
- Help automation processes and make a contribution to algorithmic trading.
- Collaborate with the risk management team to ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements, and to manage portfolio risks.
- Relevant education in Finance, Math, Physics, Economics, or comparable quantitative studies.
- 3+ years of experience in trading the European power markets as well as trading other commodities.
- Solid trading track record in corresponding markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the European and Global Energy Complex.
- Active trading of short to long-term power and gas markets.
- Ability to take calculated trading decisions and stick to risk management guidelines.
- Excellent time management and communication skills including significant attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical skills and structured thinking.
- Ability to execute under pressure in a fast-paced environment alongside confidence, accountability, and decisiveness.
- Experience in cross-commodity optimizations.
- Programming skills in Python, and MATLAB are a plus.
- An MSc degree is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary + bonus scheme upon satisfactory results
- Opportunity to develop your own trading strategies.
- Opportunity for professional growth and development.
- A good insight into the energy market and the impact of the energy transition
- Access to effective real-time financial markets and energy exchanges
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Being part of a fast-growing commodity trading house (with head-quarter in the center of Europe)
- Pleasant benefit package