Greenland Commodities is a science & technology-based, fast-paced growing trading house, located in the heart of Europe, Prague, CZ. We unite our international trading experiences with science and technology supported by well-educated experts in their niche fields. Our trading desks focus on a variety of trading products; mainly power, gas, oil, coal, and certificates across 20 countries and 12 energy exchanges.
Greenland Commodities empowers its employees through real-time trading experiences, mentors, and value-added strategies in challenging market environments. We are passionately active and trading on each minute of a year.
Power Trading Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting energy market trends, conducting quantitative analysis, and providing strategic insights to our traders. We are seeking a Power Trading Analyst with cross-commodity understanding and experience to join our dynamic team. This role will require a deep understanding of the energy markets, strong analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Analyze and forecast power, gas, carbon, coal, and oil markets to perform trading decisions.
- Conduct quantitative analysis to support trading decisions and risk management.
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations to traders.
- Develop and implement trading strategies across multiple commodities.
- Prepare and present market reports and presentations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business results.
- Optimize the energy portfolio from the day ahead to y+1.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of energy market trends, regulatory changes, and competitor activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in energy market analysis or a related field. (Power/Gas/Emission)
- Strong knowledge of energy markets and commodities.
- Strong understanding of cross-commodity markets including power, gas, carbon, coal, and oil.
- Proficient in quantitative analysis and statistical modeling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Machine learning programming (min 2+ years)
- Strong knowledge of Python language. (3+ years)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Being part of a fast-growing commodity trading house (with head-quarter in the center of Europe)
- Pleasant benefit package